i'm blushing! thank you sabs for the Liebster Blog Award! Sabs blogs at Tybalt: King of Cats and we found out that we share a few things in common, including getting married in 2012, getting a sewing machine as a gift after our weddings and our new found love of sewing!
i'm going to just copy her here:
"The award was set up way back when and has undergone a few changes from what I can see from my research. Its purpose is to bring blogs that have less than 200 followers into the limelight and increase their readership. It has definitely morphed since it first started (as has the logo in fact!) and the most current rules are:
- Post 11 random facts about yourself
- Answer 11 questions that your nominator (is that a word or have I just made it up?) asked you
- Nominate up to 5 other blogs for the award and ask them 11 questions of your own"
and yes, nominator is a word! i looked it up because i'm nerdy like that…
so, without further ado, 11 random facts about me (this is going to be super tough to decide what to write):
1. i began sewing last year and it's starting to take over all of my free time, but i love it
2. i have always lived in the same state in the US
3. i used to have a pet rabbit named oreo. she was black and white and adorable
4. my favorite ice cream flavor is lemon custard from baskin robbins (they only have it in the summer and yes it sounds weird, but it's amazing)
5. i work as a graphic designer 10am-6pm M-F
6. i have never been to the west coast, but i've been to europe
7. i love tomatoes but hate mushrooms
8. i have never broken any bones and i have never had any cavities
9. i graduated from an honors college summa cum laude
10. i have a very hard time thinking of random facts about myself (this is taking forever)
11. i took german in high school and college, but now it's fading due to lack of use
and my answers to the 11 questions from my nominator:
1. If you could be any animal, what would you be and why? being a bird would be interesting because of the flying, of course. but i'm not down with eating worms, and seeds would get boring. maybe i could be a dog for a wealthy family that feeds me human food. i wouldn't want to be any animal that has predators, that's just too much stress - worrying about something else eating me, geezzzz
2. What colour are your eyes? blue
3. When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up and have you become that? i wanted to become a cake decorator when i was in elementary school. it combined 2 things i liked: art and cake, so what's not to like? i had seen a news clip about an old man who was a cake decorator and he said he never worked a day in his life because his work was his passion, so it never felt like work at all. that's what i wanted. i am not a cake decorator. sadly.
4. What was your favourite childhood toy? when i was little i had a stuffed bunny rabbit named bun-bun and i used to hand sew her little outfits including felt shoes and hats
5. Dresses or trousers? i would love to say dresses, but i end up wearing pants more often
6. How many hours a day or week do you spend looking at other peoples' blogs? my blog list on bloglovin.com is out of control. i try to keep up and i love seeing what other people are sewing (i only follow sewing-related blogs), so i'll read blogs during commercials if i'm watching something on tv or during breaks at the office or right before bed
7. If you could timetravel back to the past and change one thing, what would it be? i'd start sewing sooner! think how amazing i could be by now if i had started 10 years ago!
8. What have you always wanted to do but were too afraid to try? any drastic career change or move somewhere far away
9. What crafting experience (ie something you've made) are you most proud of? hmm, i really loved that first baby bib/apron i made because it looks store bought (i think) and i'm proud i conquered the cuffs and buttons on my last alma blouse, and it had all french seams, which i love
10. Which day of the week do you hate the most? monday
11. Daddy or chips? i think i don't get this one because i'm not from the UK. my favorite type of chips are kettle cooked chips, the ones from lays or from krunchers
and my 11 questions for the new blogs that i'm nominating (this is a lot to write!):
1. what's your day job when you're not sewing?
2. what's your birthday (you don't have to include the year if you don't want to)?
3. what's your favorite fabric to sew with?
4. what's the best sewing tip that you could give me?
5. what's your favorite notion?
6. what's your favorite project you've sewn (and include a link if you posted about it)?
7. what's a pet peeve of yours?
8. what are your favorite tv shows or movies?
9. what's your favorite type of music (name specific bands if you'd like)?
10. why did you decide to start blogging?
11. why did you decide to start sewing?
and, i would like to pass this Liebster Award on to the following 5 blogs:
ich lese gern so viel blogs! nur fünf ist wirklich nicht genug. ich liebe dich! (i apologize if my german spelling/grammar is poor. it's been awhile.) check out those 5 blogs if you don't already follow them! and let me know in the comments if there are other blogs you love reading that i should be reading! thank you Sabs for the award!